Sunday, February 8, 2015

Additional DNA Testing

We have new developments in the transfer of my paternal uncle's National Geographic's Genographic Project ("Geno 2.0") to FamilyTreeDNA ("FTDNA").

Data files were smoothly uploaded from Geno 2.0 to FTDNA at no additional charge.  This is similar to uploading results to FTDNA from 23andMe or AncestryDNA.  No samples were required to achieve results from FTDNA.

By transferring information from Geno 2.0 to FTDNA, paternal and maternal haplogroups were calculated; however, no comparisons to others were made to identify matches.  My father's Y-DNA is at FTDNA, so he and my uncle should match each other.

A few weeks later, FTDNA sent a collection kit to me for my uncle.  I don't know what type of DNA test(s) will be performed, but we'll find out when the lab processes the kit.

If anyone has any experience with this, please comment below.

DNA collection kit from FamilyTreeDNA
Cheek swab method

Unlike prior kits, the return envelope is postage-paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment